As we announced the opening of GLOSSALON on June 1, we would like to take a second to thank all of you for your patience and support during this time. As we navigate through what is our “new normal” we want to update you on the measures that we have taken to be compliant with Provincial Health guidelines as well as WorkSafe BC. We take these measures seriously as your health and safety is our top priority. Below is a list of all the critical steps we are taking.
We will be operating at 50% capacity to help maintain physical distancing and allot 2m between each guest by having every other station operational. In doing this we have adjusted our opening hours to 9 am-9 pm, 7 days a week. We still ask for your continued patience as we work on scheduling your appointments. If you had a pre-existing Appointment we will be contacting you first and then working our way through our waitlist. If you are not on our waitlist and would like to be added, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that online and text confirmations have been increased to 48 hours prior to your appointments. By continuing to hold these appointments, you are agreeing to an online screening that you do NOT have any symptoms of Covid-19, and we advise that you read through your confirmation thoroughly. Cancellation fees due to illness are waived at this time, and we do ask that you give us as much notice as possible to cancel or reschedule your appointment. We have a strict NO SHOW fee in place as these appointment availabilities are limited and are in high demand.
Safety Regulations & Requirements:
- You do NOT have any symptoms such as fever, coughing, sore throat or shortness of breath and that you have not been in contact or live with anyone showing these symptoms within the last 21 days.
- You have not been outside the country or any city that is considered a “hot spot” for Covid-19 in the last 14 days.
- Please do not enter the salon until your appointment time. We have allotted extra time after appointments to allow us to clean and sanitize our stations and tools to ensure everything is ready for your arrival. We will promptly notify you if we are running behind as well.
- We ask that you arrive to your appointment solo… no partners, children and friends please. We love visits from our K-9 friends but at this time we also ask that you leave Fido at home.
- *Please note there are special exceptions for minors who are receiving hair services as well as those who may require assistance.
- Our refreshment service is no longer permitted but you are more then welcome to bring your own coffee or tea and we are happy to make any local recommendations if you need them.
- Our change room is closed so we will require you to bring in minimal personal items and please keep them stored at your station.
- All our pillows have been removed so the waiting area will be bare.
- Magazines are prohibited at this time so we will happily provide you with complimentary wi-fi.
- Please wash your hands upon entering the salon, or use provided hand sanitizer.
- You will be REQUIRED to wear a mask, please bring your own. If you do not have one we can provide you with one for a nominal fee. Keep I mind if you are having a colour service done, they will get wet and stained by colour so we recommend disposable ones for these services.
- We are appointment only for the time being and are unable to take walk-ins. This also pertains to product purchases as well. If you wish to purchase a product outside your appointment, please call or email the salon and we will happily process that for you and arrange for a pickup.
Our commitment to our valued guests:
- We are all compliant with all Provincial health and safety requirements as well as those recommended by WorkSafe BC. We are also all Barbicide Certified.
- All members of our team are required to stay home if they are sick or showing any symptoms of Covid-19. If this is the case, we will be rescheduling your appointments.
- We have handwash stations at the colour bar as well as in the staff room and restroom as well as sanitizer.
- We will NOT be accepting cash payments at this time. We have tap available up to $100, and the machine is sanitized after each use.
- We have a plexiglass barrier at the reception desk.
- The salon is thoroughly cleaned daily as well as throughout the day using appropriate surface cleaners.
- Our stylists are REQUIRED to wear a mask and any other necessary PPE that we feel may be required.
- Gloves are worn when applicable and are discarded in between every guest.
- Fresh laundered capes, towels and gowns are provided to each guest. Please note these are laundered using high heat settings.
- All tools and surfaces are disinfected between each guest.
Please be aware that the price of chemical services will have a slight increase as we are using more product due to the void of hair maintenance over the past couple of months. There is also a slight increase in our eco fee due to the higher volume of waste due to extra PPE required, this wasn’t an easy decision but it is necessary as operating costs have increased and our capacity is limited to running at 50%. We appreciate your understanding and continued support during these times.
Although your visit may look a little different then it has in the past, the laughs and great tunes will still remain and from the bottom of our hearts, we are all excited to see all of you and your smiling faces! We all have some much needed catching up to do.
If you ever have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out at any time to email@example.com